Bay Shore NY Homes & Real Estate
Homes for sale in Bay Shore, NY.
Did you know? Bay Shore is one of the oldest hamlets on Long Island. Established in 1708, it is well known as a waterfront community that offers old charm with it's many Victorian homes and inns. The coming of the railroad in the late 1800’s contributed greatly to the expansion of the downtown. Due to its easy access to New York City, it was a popular location for tourists on the weekends and summer. Bay Shore quickly became renowned for its shopping districts and resort.
Included below are homes for sale in Bay Shore, NY.
If you would like more information on any of these Bay Shore real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. If you have questions, we have answers. Let us know how we can help!
For your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Bay Shore listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.
More Info About Bay Shore:
- Bay Shore Marina: Located on the southern shore of Long Island, the Bay Shore Marina is a popular place for locals to visit. It is well known for its relaxing atmosphere for visitors. There is a beach with lifeguards on duty, along with shipwreck Cove, a fun spray park. Fishing can be enjoyed around the docks and visitors can anchor their boats in the marina. It is in close proximity to the Fire Island Ferry and the Lauren Kristy steamboat cruise.
- The Himes Museum of Motor Racing Nostalgia: Enjoy the experience of learning about the history of Long Island Auto Racing. The museum offers a different and fun experience. Everything is hands on and interactive, meaning there are no poles, ropes, or glass cases holding back the fun. The museum is so large that multiple visits are recommended.
- Gardiner County Park: Originally owned by the Gardiner family, Suffolk's first non-native landowners, and later part of the historic Sagtikos Manor Estate, Gardiner County Park is now a 231 acre nature-oriented public park on the Great South Bay. This park is mostly known as a dog park, where owners can bring their beloved pets for exercise and fun. The long main trail leads to the bay where visitors can enjoy spectacular views.
- Sagtikos Manor Historical Society: The Sagtikos Manor was originally built in 1697 and was expanded in 1772 and 1902. The estate served as headquarters for the British Army on Long Island for a brief time during the Revolutionary War. The manor house is furnished with original family pieces. Docents in period dress will guide you through the manor house where you can view furniture, accessories and architectural styles from the 1600s to the middle 1900s.
- Great South Bay Brewery: One of Long Island’s best craft breweries, Great South Bay Brewery, was founded in 2009 by fourth-generation brewer Rick Sobotka. In 2012, the brewery set up shop in a 39,000-square-foot building on Drexel Drive, which houses a 30-barrel brewhouse with its own canning and bottling lines. It features a 4,000-square-foot tasting room and party space.
- The LakeHouse: This resturant offers superb food and a beautiful view of the Great South Bay. The Lakehouse is named by many as “one of the best restaurants on Long Island.” At night, the deck is illuminated with garden lights, where guests can dine in the open air with plenty of space, impeccable service, and delightful ambiance. The LakeHouse can be reached by boat as well, with guest dockage available. The LakeHouse, also, has a garden fire pit where guests can enjoy specicalty cocktails after a fabulous dinner.
- Nicky's Clam Bar: Located across the Fire Island Ferries terminal, this casual restaurant seats 30 and has a busy take out window catering to the dashing ferry patrons. They are well known for their delicious seafood dishes such as the seafood bisque, shrimp-salad sandwiches abd their signature fried whole-belly clams.